[ SHOWGSD-L ] wise comments on today's events in Sacramento, and more

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:20:26 -0400

These are the thoughts of someone  from another breed who has worked hard in
the fight against AB1634. I thought they were so wise, so worthy of heeding,
that I thought I'd share them (with permission of course).

Peggy

Victory is illusory.

OK - let's do the Snoopy dance - I'm with you. From this crucible we
dog folk formed new bonds, spoke with a coordinated voice and stopped
(for the next 6 months) an attempt by the nanny-state government to
intrude even further into our lives.

We formed new alliances, joined mutual interest groups, fought a
good, clean fight and won (sort of).

We will most certainly need those new ties to survive.

We forced the hand of a very slick politician who had to reach deep
into his bag of tricks to get as close to victory as possible without
losing.

IMHO, Levine won because the committee DID NOT KILL HIS BILL!!! That
would have created a RECORD of rejection by the California Senate.
That means a lot!

Ultimately I am a cynic. I know these fascists WILL NEVER QUIT! I am
tired of beating these creeps time after time only to see spaghetti-
spined politicians kiss their [insert your choice of an anatomical
part here] and let them win INCREMENTALLY.

Part of the AR's strategy is straight out of the Communist Handbook
of Subversion. "Go for the most far-reaching, encompassing power grab
and settle for any little part of that agenda. Then go back in a
short time for another piece."

Our rights are slowly being taken away - one (or part of one) at a
time.

AB1634 deserved to be killed outright. End of story. Anything less is
a loss as I see it.

Levine said during his testimony that his proposed amendment will
remove the 'madatory' part of the bill. He again lied because that is
not what his proposed change would do. Under his scenario if your dog
gets out of the yard and picked up by Animal Control = fine +
mandatory spay/neuter.

If anyone complains to A/C about you and the dog Nazis visit to find
you have one more pooch than the law allows = fine for every intact
animal + MANDITORY spay/neuter.

How do you argue with his strategy? "After all we are now restricting
this spay/neuter law to only the irresponsible dog owner." will be
the reasoning.

Three BS factors - 1)Levine, Mancuso, the ARs, PETA, etc. will define
what is an "irresponsible owner", and 2)they completely ignore the
fact that even this "limited regulation" WILL NOT change the so
called "critial need" for the law - reduction of shelter intakes,
euthanasia, and costs. And last but not least 3)this is a complete
diversion from the fact that such a law is another intrusion into the
privacy of an individual's use of their legally owned private
property.

"Oh, but these individuals are acting irresponsibly because they
broke the law. Our new and improved (mandatory) spay/neuter law only
comes into effect when an owner breaks some other law."

Levine will reform the bill in this manner: make it so-called non-
mandatory EXCEPT for 'irresponsible' (by his definition)

owners; realign his co-conspirators; set up his propaganda; and re-
introduce the new package in January.

It will pass and become law by June 2008 if we do not prepare NOW.

MARK MY WORDS.

Sorry for the 'shouting' folks, but I have to or my blood pressure
will blow out a heart valve.

There is no doubt in my mind that Lightbulb Lloyd, Judie Mancuso,
PETA and others planned on this from the beginning.

They hope their new approach takes out the AKC and the rest of the
anti-1634 coalition because it is now "focused" on "irresponsible"
dog owners. "After all," Levine will say, "this is what you show
people, working dog breeders, et. al. asked for - in fact insisted
on...a way to focus on irresponsible dog and cat owners. WE ARE JUST
GIVING YOU WHAT YOU WANT. I am so happy you came together with me to
help solve the problem." [watch that knife poised at your back]

Cat folks will be taken out of the argument because the new "non-
manditory" law will only effect feral cats. Are there any
restrictions on how many cats you can own in most communities (as
there are for dogs)?

The performance groups won't be effected so they will peel off
(police dogs, SAR dogs, assistance dogs, etc.).

That leaves only dog hobbyists. Show people will be screwed. All it
takes is a few AR nuts to begin turning in show breeders as having
too many dogs for the local regs and that's that folks. Dog breeders
without licensed (again more government regulation) kennels are
history.

"These folks don't take a crap without a plan." [sidebar - the
foregoing is a nearly exact quote from a line out of the movie "Hunt
for Red October" spoken by Fred Thompson referring to Sean Connery's
character who is defecting to the US. - end sidebar]

So we need to begin developing talking points NOW to counter their
strategy. "Unfunded mandate" "Not needed" "Won't solve the problem"
and facts, figures, financial impact, and on and on will be needed to
stop the new version of AB 1634.

Regardless of the outcome we must plan the war now and be ready to
mobilize in January. It will take an even bigger effort to beat the
new version.

"No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is
in session." (author unknown)

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and
government to gain ground." (Thomas Jefferson)

Let us pledge to ourselves to NEVER quit this fight.

Respectfully,

~Paul M. Laperruque

 To visit your group on