[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: who's to blame, etc.

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <InquestGSD@xxxxxxx>, <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:38:03 -0700

Ileana:Paul, you are making my point.  The breeders shouldn't be breeding to a
faulty dog.  If the faulty dogs were not in the ring the judge wouldn't have to
worry about putting up a dog that is the best dog that day.

Paul to vous...Spot on thought Ms. Ileana...but...did the Breeder breed that
dog based on faulty decisions made by Judges in past shows? (This is becoming a
chicken or egg kinda thread.)

Education is the key.  For Breeders, Judges, Handlers and the public in
general. We all need to learn, identify and correct the problems.  Whether is
faults of temperament, faults of movement, faults of structure.  Try to correct
these problems, not compound them.

Paul again...once again spot on. I have had conversations with handlers who
"know" that some of the dogs they handle are incorrect yet handle them anyway.
AND...they don't educate the people they handle for. I want to emphasize this
is not blanket critisicsm of every handler, breeder, or Judge...but if we do
not educate each other...we do not live up to our responsibility to the breed.

Now, a judge who knows better and puts up a faulty dog when superior dogs are
present, is in my eyes not only to blame, this judge is stupid and
irresponsible.

Paul calls it a day...and this is my point. How many people standing ringside
or that reads about a faulty dog winning then believes that dog is correct? You
and I both know that very scenario happens more often than it should and is
detrimental to the breed.
Education...as you so eloquently put it...is the key!