[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: who is Frank Tate?

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 12:55:53 EDT

Frank Tate is a long time breeder of very nice GSD. I will always remember
Uncus.

I knew Frank as a very outspoken person, you never had to guess what he
meant, and maybe because of that he rubbed some people the wrong way.  Did  he
breed a lot of dogs?  Sure.  So do many others. But Frank didn't  hesitate
to tell you when one of his dogs wasn't good, unlike other people.

Two things we can agree on:  Frank knows dogs. And he is a  great salesman.

He got involved breeding to German lines, and apparently enjoyed them
enough to concentrate on that.

I miss his contribution to the list, he could keep a topic interesting for
a long time.

I hear he is in poor health, so if  you find time, send good thoughts  his
way.  We are.

Ileana