[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: whites ya or nay?

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:01:17 -0800 (PST)

Yes, Germany was the first to disallow the white GSD and would not register
any pups that were white. As they will not register any GS pup that is inspected
and is not approved. As been told if they would not be approved are removed
from the litter before he arrives.

In the USA we do have a breed warrant if involved in Schutzhund in the United
States.

http://www.germanshepherddog.com/regulations/breed_warden_tattooer_regulations.htm

However, I do  not believe they inspect puppy litters as Germany does.

Which I am sure most in on this list already know the above information.

Theresa

On Tue, 2/5/13, Terry Cochran <terrycochran97756@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Because Germany said so. It really is as simple as that. Correct me if I am
wrong but the AKC tends to go with the standard of the breeds origin. Germany
said they were out and we followed suit. I think that is all there is to it. No
reason needed to be given other that they didn't want them included in the
breeding program any more. Horand had either a parent or a grand parent that
was a white. Everyone wants a logical reason for their exclusion and their
simply isn't one. The keepers of the standard said that white was no longer
acceptable and that was that.
Terry