[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: whites ya or nay?

  • From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcharge1955@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 13:21:34 -0500 (EST)

The color-headed white Shelties are in the same situation.  They were allowed
previously, but later became a breed DQ.  Some say because breeders were
annoyed that color-headed whites, owned by a certain person,  were winning at
shows.  Some say because of health issues related to the "lethal" white gene in
merles.  Same sad story - no one really knows why.

 BUT, the color-headed white Collie is perfectly acceptable and is shown in
AKC.   I believe they have the same genetic color makeup as Shelties.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd