[ SHOWGSD-L ] when I joined the GSDCA

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:47:40 -0800 (PST)

I can't remember the year, probably 2002 or 03.  But I do know I needed no
support to join.  Even my regional club requires that we have 2 members support
a prospective member.  I could have gotten such support from 5 people for me to
join the GSDCA.  My regional club members know how much I care about my dogs,
and this breed.  They see it in my actions across the board.

  I would rather have to jump through a few hoops to join and know that the
hoops would block anyone such as Hunte, than to be lumped into a catagory with
him.

  Again, large volume breeders of any one breed do worry me.  But some of our
large volume breeders do care and do know each pup until it is sold.  They may
have more litters a year than I would be happy with, but I see dogs from
several large breeders here in S Fla.  And all are well raised dogs when they
arrive.  They are all healthy, they may have been bought younger than I would
like, for show, but that is the buyer's business.  If I want to be sure to get
a champion quality dog, I need to buy one that is already finished.  If I want
to gamble with a 12 week old pup, I take my chances and deal with the quality I
get.

  sheila

Have a burning question? Go to Yahoo! Answers and get answers from real people
who know.