[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: whelping pups using a temp to predict

  • From: Schipstar@xxxxxxx
  • To: CHBLACKVELVET@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 20:44:04 EDT

Boy, in a case like this I would be running to the vet.  This is when it gets
difficult.  My experience has been only with a marked drop in temp that
maintains within .5 degrees for 24 hours.
I hope it all turned out well in the end?

Lynn

In a message dated 7/11/2005 4:14:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, CHBLACKVELVET
writes:
My bitch just had puppies on July 2nd, so this is still fresh in my mind. <G>
The day before my bitch whelped her puppies (started at 9:30 AM), her temp
was 99.9, the next reading was 99.3. She held the temp in that range for 24
hours.  I was watching for a temp drop in the 98. Range, so I felt she never
dropped.

She would fluctuate from 100. To 99. One day she would be in the 100 range,
the next day she would be in the 99. range. The day before her temp dropped,
she was in the 100. Something range.

She also lost her plug about a week before she whelped.
She lost a little bit at a time every day, then I didn't notice it for a few
days, then a couple days before she whelped, there it was again~!  Hope this
helps! <G>

Lynn Brown - Ebonystar Schipperkes/Angelsgate Rescue
http://www.angelsgaterescue.com/ & http://www.schipperkerescue.com/
Post Office Box 92283 - Long Beach, CA 90809 (562) 428-9832
...special dogs for special people since 1972