[ SHOWGSD-L ] whelping

  • From: DPiagentin@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:24:53 EDT

It seems that over the last few weeks the list has been inundated with
questions about whelping, from where to whelp, what you should or shouldn't
use,
equipment, literature etc. since I am now sitting her with my virgin
bitch,awaiting her first litter.

What truly amazes me is this, last night I put her in her swimming pool,
enclosed in a 4' high ex pen, and she just, got in, laid down, and relaxed as
if
she had done this before.

I believe let nature take its course, be there if she needs me, sitting
quietly or working on the computer, but let her do her thing.  Good Luck to
all
of you out there having your first litter.

PS.This week my little cavalier will also be whelping her first litter, I
guess I am a glutten for punishment.  The German Shepherd decided to come
first
and get my undivided attention.
Diane  Piagentini