[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: what would you do?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: frontiergsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:07:30 EDT

In a message dated 8/9/2006 11:43:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
frontiergsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I have a  friend who has a pup who was just returned to her.  People moved
from  a acre yard to no yard and decided they weren't going to spend any time

with him anyway.  They didn't do much if any praising, but they did  do A LOT
of HARD disciplining.

He likes to bark at people before he  meets them.  Then he snuggles them.  It
is a little unnerving  for non-dog people - and REALLY bad for showing.  In a
group with no  one paying attention to him he doesn't do anything.

I told her he  probably doesn't have a real distinction of good and bad and
he thinks he  is getting praise for boofing.

Thoughts?

Alycia

Take him out and about with a model citizen.  Set them up w/  "strangers" who
have pockets full of really good goodies, and when the model  citizen acts
like the model citizen it is, he gets the all the goodies and  lovin'.  (Since
this baby has been reprimanded inappropriately before, I'd  refrain from any
corrections). The mouthy youngster gets some ONLY when he is  acting
appropriately. The mouthy youngster will realize lickity-split his  carrying on
is
keeping him from his share of the bounty.

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_ (http://www.geocities.com/pinehill
gsds/)