[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: what is anti-trust, anyway? ...do you know? I do.......

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:29:45 EDT

It also applies to restricting free trade.  If Hunte feels that the  leaks
from the Board meeting and all the actions of the list were damaging
to his business, maybe that could possibly be where the "Antitrust"
part comes in.  Just guessing, this isn't anything I have any  experience
with (Thank Goodness!).   - Janice

In a message dated 4/29/2007 10:58:05 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In brief, anti-trust laws refer to price fixing, bid rigging, and
allocation of product in certain markets...in other words, the only way
Hunte could sue us under anti-trust laws were if we could influence the
price of puppies and dogs and/or the number of dogs available.    DUH????

The original Sherman Anti-Trust Act has been  amended a few times,
but none of it can be applied to dog clubs...not in  your wildest
dreams.  If you've ever heard of "mergers and  acquisitions," which is
BIG BUSINESS, that's where anti-trust laws usually  come into play these
days...but dog clubs?  How absolutely  STUPID!

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."