[ SHOWGSD-L ] what is anti-trust, anyway? ...do you know? I do.......

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:26:54 -0400

    In brief, anti-trust laws refer to price fixing, bid rigging, and
allocation of product in certain markets...in other words, the only way
Hunte could sue us under anti-trust laws were if we could influence the
price of puppies and dogs and/or the number of dogs available.   DUH????

    The original Sherman Anti-Trust Act has been amended a few times,
but none of it can be applied to dog clubs...not in your wildest
dreams.  If you've ever heard of "mergers and acquisitions," which is
BIG BUSINESS, that's where anti-trust laws usually come into play these
days...but dog clubs?  How absolutely STUPID!

     Is it possible that the Directors need some educating in the area
of anti-trusts because back in January, some smooth talker filled their
heads with nonsense,  saying  that if they voted against letting Hunte
become a member, they'd be violating anti-trust laws?  Some of them
believed it...just go back and read some of the posts after the "leak"
about Hunte being allowed in.   Someone (and we all know who) who is
STILL in a position to influence people, even those who should know
better, was a really big advocate of letting Hunte into the GSDCA.  That
person campaigned for Hunte, "button holing" Directors and having
private conversations (altho his friends have told us he didn't campaign
for Hunte, various Directors have admitted that he did) and was the
first to bring up the subject of "we'll all be sued if we don't let him
in."   He's the same one who brought up the anti-trust question, which
was patently ridiculous, and anyone who made it past the eighth grade in
this country should  have known it.    THAT  is the person who needs to
be the first to go.

    I posted an awful lot during February, and ticked some people off
while trying to help un-muddy the waters...but there were too many
people tossing terms around, along with threats, not to mention
insults.  I really do believe in loyalty and in friendship...but there
are times when friendship and loyalty have to take a back seat.  This is
one of those times.    The Board Members who voted in favor of allowing
Hunte into the GSDCA did so for various reasons...one thought there was
no provision to say no.  One thought we'd have access to Hunte's purse
(and that was the most stupid reason of all...) and I guess the others
were just plain afraid.  As Randy and others have said, "no balls at all."

       The GSDCA has been around for a while, and there have been other
problems.  One of the biggest problems now, as I understand it, is that
the P&P are not being followed, and haven't been for a long time.
That's fine so long as no problem occurs...but now we have a problem,
and it's gotten completely out of hand.  Anyone who tried to run a
business in the sloppy way this club has been run for years now would be
out of business in the blink of an eye.   The P&P are there for a
reason.  If the people running the club can't be bothered following
them, then replace those people.

    It isn't a question of friendship...it's way beyond that.

    And FORGET  the anti-trust scenario...that's simply the most
ignorant thing I've ever heard!
Peggy