[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: what a mess

  • From: Grace Eaton <zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 07:02:59 -0700 (PDT)

There is a relatively new Petland in Georgetown, Texas. I was in there about a
month ago. I have never been in one and wanted to check it out. There were MANY
breeds of puppies for sale and I saw a German Shepherd puppy in there for sale
too. The pup was about 3 months old.
  Grace Eaton
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/10/2006 12:25:32 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Well, I guess there is nothing in the stated purpose nor in the by-laws
that would prohibit allowing a puppy mill owner or breeder or broker or
any kind of creep into the club, so long as he or she wasn't breeding
German Shepherds in the manner of puppymill dogs or for sale in
petshops...he can do it with any other breed, or all other breeds, and
it won't matter........there we have it. Of course, someone spoke
earlier about German Shepherds being sold by the Hunte Corporation, so I
guess it's all a matter of proving that he's mass produced them
(obviously without the intent of following any of the Objectives of the
Club)...so open your arms, folks, the mass producer/broker will soon be
your equal in the eyes of the club...

That was the same conclusion I reached when I read, re-read & posted the
various parts of the bylaws that apply to membership when the topic of Hunte's
application came up.

BUT, Kathy Murch had an idea stemming from another breed club's bylaws; a
paragraph somewhere in the purpose section of the bylaws disallowing any
brokers, retailers or selling of puppies to the same. Boy, that seems to me an
easy fix! I realize it would take the better part of a year to change.

I would still change the membership requirements and bring back sponsors. I
would definitely put some teeth into the breeders' code and ENFORCE it, but
the paragraph mentioned above would require far less debate and who could
argue with THAT?

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd Dogs_

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

            Grace Eaton
  Sirius German Shepherds
  zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx