[ SHOWGSD-L ] what I did this weekend

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:52:16 -0700 (PDT)

We had Tia's Championship party Saturday at the Enumclaw show and then headed
up to Maple Valley to do some herding at Karen's. We had Gordy and, of course,
Ch Tia.

  This was Tia's second time on sheep - the first was last Tuesday in the PT
arena at Brigands where she was introduced to the concept of a furrow. She did
the small 3-sided graze and adjusted nicely to the movement of the 5 sheep.
Today she got to play on the furrows on a real graze with Karen's 27 sheep. It
did not take her long to figure out that this was a bigger, better version of
what she had done before, and withing just a few minutes she was doing the 3
sides required to cover the sheep's actions. She and Gordy worked together for
a while and it was not long before she actually pushed him out of her way
because she had work to do! And to think we wasted years of her herding time
while she had a couple of litters and then finished her title. She could have
been out here working those woolies!

  I took along my new Nikon D 200 so I could pratice with it.

  Here are some of my attempts with the camera. It is one fast camera.
  http://www.fairwayshepherds.com/mv1.htm

  Terry