[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ....what I am...

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:01:15 -0700

I have NO "Cute eared"  bugs at my house!  <G>   Could be I don't see them
because I am running away.
<G>
I don't know anything about Judges reading the Review or the other magazine you
mentioned.....but I assume
Specialty judges usually subscribe to the Review.    I've not bought into the
advertising being  for Judges so I
have no input on that......but some of you might take your suggestion for the
Review to the Editor or the Board.
To me......the Ads are for ME!!    I LOVE the Reviews with LOTS OF
ADS.............for ME!!!!!!
<G>
PS...."over inflated titles".......would pretty much mean "no merit"  to
me.......but that's just me........<G>

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: I am what I am
  Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 19:04:44 -0700

  I'm not sure what the Review is supposed to 'do'  to promote anyone's dog?
Promotiion of A dog
  is not the Review staffs job?

  To 'dis'  our Parent Club demeans it's importance.... and NO Parent Club
would mean NO  Futurities and Fut/ Mat. V and Vx ... our National,  our
Selects, Select Excellents, our Awards Of Excellence.......R.O.M.sBest GSD in
Herding Trials,  etc., etc,etc........all the things many of us enjoy working
for!!!
  Most of these titles take a lot of committment, work, effort, wonderful
animals,  good breeders and goodJudges.    I THANK our Parent Club for awarding
them!   It may take only "one"  judge to give a dog thetitle of Grand Victor or
Grand Victrix....but the requirements  to get to that level of judging and the
respectof the GSD people that votes for them has merit.We personally cannot
afford to exhibit a dog several times a month......financially..... or
time-wise....butIf we finish a dog in August, and it's very next show is U.S.
Grand Victrix in October,  as in the case of ourBlack Orchid......does she nor
the 'one'  judge have any merit.......?  I admit she will never ever compete
against other Breeds but everyone does the best they can......and weall should
be able to do that without demeaning the Review, the Parent Club,  or the the
choice of venuesor capabilities of others.I love all animals  ( bugs.... not so
much )....<G>.......but we exhibit soley to compete against o
   ther GermanShepherd Dogs.....we are  "elitists" that took an easy route and
strive for a couple of "over inflated titles".<G>   Carolyn
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  www.Marhaven.com   From: Paula M. Cooke To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:
Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:01 PM] Re: I am what I amAll it takes is just one
AKC licensed judge to give a GSDCA Select, a Grand Victor, and/or a Grand
Victrix award.  The dog doesn't even have to be previously pointed, let alone a
champion!!
  It takes MORE than just ONE AKC licensed judge to award an AKC Champion, an
AKC Grand Champion, a CD, a RN, or any Herding title!!   I guess if one likes
to take the easy route to an over-inflated "title", more power to them.

Dog Grand Champion. ----- Original Message -----From: Paula M. Cooke To:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:01 PMSubject: Re: I
  From: Paula M. Cooke  <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>Subject:  Re: What are we,
chopped liver?

  No, not  chopped liver; the GSDCA has become, basically, an elitist social
club.   There is really no benefit toadvertising in the Review, nor to being a
member.

  The AKC awards us the truly respected, hard-earned,  and meaningful titles.
AKC judges make the decisions as to who gets  those desired titles.  Canine
Chronicles sends out their magazine to all  AKC licensed judges. They also
maintain the ratings so important to  those of us who aspire to Eukanuba,
Cruft's, and Westminster.  Some of  us not only desire to defeat other GSD's,
we dream of bigger things,  like defeating dogs of other breeds!! Different
strokes for different  folks!  How good IS your dog??  :-)  :-)

  I have spent a couple of  thousand dollars on Review advertising.  I see no
reason to continue  supporting the Review when it does nothing to promote my
dog and his  campaign.  I have shared my dog with Review readers, to negative
and  positive criticism.  September will run my last ad.
  The Review used  to run a free pic and pedigree of each dog as it finished
it's AKC  Champion title.  That was a nice,supportive, thing to do for
exhibitor-members.  Now we get nothing, unless we pay for it, for
achievingChampionships and more!  Not too encouraging to many of the  members.

  Perhaps, if the GSDCA sees fit to send the Review to AKC  licensed GSD
judges, I will advertise again in the Review.  Susan does  an amazing and
beautiful job.  She deserves a better audience, also!

  JMHO,  of course.

  Paula, 53 days and counting

  http://www.netzero.net/freeemail?refcd=NZTAGOUT1FREM0210

  Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post.  This group and
its administrators are not responsible for the comments or opinions expressed
in any post.