[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: westminster/drugs/reactions

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:22:09 EST

I have an issue with anyone showing a dog that is sick enough to need meds,
 but I guess some have to win no matter what.

I have to agree with Pat.......it goes to that little detail, the
appearance of impropriety, never mind whats best for the poor dogs.  Even
scarier
if the owners know.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
2 x Sel EX AM CH & Sel CAN CH Karizma's  Cacique of Inquest TC, aka DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major pointed) aka  JACKIE

In a message dated 2/16/2011 12:41:38 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx writes:

In a  message dated 2/16/11 10:59:03 AM, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>  What bothers me about this whole premise is that the person making the
>  statement automatically assumed
> there was some wrong doing.   Never once did it cross his or her mind that
> maybe it was antibiotics,  Gas X or
> something necessary .    I have had over the course  of many years had to
> give a dog Albon, or Flagyl or
> Gas X or  something.  I have never hidden it, for any reason.  I would
hate
> to think someone  was watching
> an ass -uming the  worst.
> Kathy

That could very well be Kathy, but what  if it wasn't Gas-X?   I think we
need to police ourselves  and   ask when spotting someone "pilling" a dog
prior
to a show.  If it's innocent, then no one should have any quams about
disclosing what  the dog ingested.   In this day and age of cell phones
that do it
all (pictures/videos, etc.) we have the means to document any wrong doing
and report it.   If we as exhibitors/spectators would confront  those we
witness drugging their dogs/client's dogs and not put it on  "ignore"
because it's
done by a big name handler/breeder or a friend, then  perhaps our sport
would
get cleaned up and our dogs would not be put at  risk. I believe it's
called
ethics.
Regards,
Pat

POST  is Copyrighted 2011.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.