[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: west locations

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 07:19:06 -0800

In school we were taught New England, Midwest, South and North and it
is only the GSDCA that is using west and east deciding on shows.  :-)

St Louis, MO they always referred to it as the Gateway to the West
and built the Arch as the symbol to represent it.

Regardless of where the GSDCA Nationals are held there will always be
someone dissatisfied.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the
people
 some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”
― John Lydgate

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

 Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 "The
 West region, western U.S., mostly west of the Great Plains
 and including, by federal government definition, Alaska,
 Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New
 Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming." -
 Encyclopedia Britannica
 But the spirit of this is to best serve the
 members, so I think we need to look further (after we give
 geography lessons ;-)) and look at where the membership in
 the west resides. Then try to pick a good spot somewhere in
 the middle that is near (no more than 1 hr dirve) a major
 airport.
 Ken

 On Sun, Jan 25, 2015
 at 12:06 PM, Theresa-GSD Stolz <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:
 would think any state west of the marker is west and
 anything east of it is east.

 http://clui.org/ludb/site/geographic-center-50-united-states-america

 Theresa

 scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

is Copyrighted 2015.  All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html