[ SHOWGSD-L ] we are that important?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 00:12:58 EDT

In a message dated 4/30/2006 3:54:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
it seems  a few of these same folks have no problem in requesting the death
of their own  healthy animals pursuant to their own death...makes no sense to
me....but to  will the death of healthy animals because of the fear that some
one would  screw up bloodlines?

I have followed these posts, and I know that there are some dogs so in tune
to their owners, and the other way around that it seems they are closely
bonded,  and it probably is reasonable to think that if they die, the animals
can't
 survive without them.  It is amazing that we find a way to go on, when they
die, no matter how important they are in our lives.

I also know it will be hard for Tedi when I go, but I don't want them  to put
her down if I die, although I know she will miss me.

I do understand and believe there are situations where people want to put
their dogs to sleep rather than have the dogs suffer the loss of the owner,
and
I do believe it is valid.  I also believe in assisted suicide,  retroactive
abortion, (especially for teenagers), and selective breeding for  animals as
well as people.

But, I don't get to make the rules, so I respect the rights of others to
will the death of their animals.  I will continue to try to convince anyone
who
asks not to do that, but will do so, if they insist.

It is not easy to be a liberal in this world.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together