[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: wda

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: Danannkennel@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:33:44 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/2005 8:01:47 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Danannkennel@xxxxxxx writes:
At no  point did Sherry say to discontinue our relationship with the WDA -
she said let them pay their own way

At this point we can even  figure out if the WDA is a part of the PC or just

affiliated.   Different answers from  everyone.

I've been a member of WDA since it began. At that time it was a  committee of
the Parent club. Their 10-12 Board attended our Board meetings, and  our
Board attended their Board meetings,since they were held on the same weekend
and
at the same place. Those were the days,when the GSDCA held a one day
meeting,so it worked out great .However,as closely entwined as we were,our
Board
encouraged them to do their own thing and be self sustaining
 When George (Bill ) Collins  became their President,he  really helped the
Group to begin to become independant.As they were still a  committee of the
Parent club,we did help them, Just a note at this  time--Remember ,with Julius
and
Ann Due,along with Ernie Loeb's,  initiative, the GSDCA, was the FIRST
foreign club to  join the World Union(WUSV), So as they were the "working"
(Schutzhund) part of the GSDCA, we financed their/our team to compete in
Germany
When I was President of the GSDCA ,the  was still a  committee(1985-89).  In
1990-91,by mutual consent, the WDA, feeling that it  was time to go on their
own,,stopped being a committee,and became a Liaison  relation. Since they were
just getting started ,with a very small treasury,we  the Parent Club, helped
them
,with the amount diminishing every year.  Interestingly, Bill Pfeiffer was
treasurer at that time,with Nanci Takash,as  secretary. Since Bill is now our
treasurer,he would know if we still help to a  small degree,or what the
situation is. Over the past ten years more,and  more of our  members have been
active
in Schutzhund.and this provided a  venue for them,as part of our club,rather
than switching over to USA. Some of  our people belong to both clubs. I hope
this helps people to better understand  the WDA. They really do us proud over
in
Europe. Helen Miller  Fisher