[ SHOWGSD-L ] was...A compromise on selects

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 21:25:37 EDT

In a message dated 5/22/2005 6:29:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
If you  mean
on another given day..I can give you 2 examples off the top of my  head. A
Sel. 9 dog went on to go GV in both countries twice..and a Select  10 dog in
2001 was Select 2 this year...and a Select 18 was Select 4 or 5  this year
this year's Select 10 dog was a young dog who went  WD..

I understand what Paul means Christine; he means on THAT day, not once they
go home, grow up, etc., etc.  If you read the definition of Select and take
it literally,  then on any given year when the intersex judge is down to  their
last handful and you can see them weighing the finer points between say, 3
or 4 dogs, by the book, THOSE are the Selects for that year.  The  definition
doesn't say for dogs of equal quality AND those that may grow up to  be of
equal quality sometime in the future <G>.

That said, I'm against a bunch of rules.  Let the judge  decide.  BUT, for
me, do I think 7-8-9-12 were in contention under that  judge, in that
particular
moment in time for GV-GVX...no, I don't.  I've  never thought that.  Take
them home, grow them up and perhaps in another  year, maybe two...but not on
THAT
day.

Kathy
three generations of Champions live  here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_