[ SHOWGSD-L ] was why test

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:48:46 EST

Terry  writes:

In a message dated 2/27/2005 1:21:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx writes:
All this talk about the temperament test  sure tells you who is worried about
temperament doesn't it ??? :0) I still  agree with the Captain. With out
breed
type it should not be called a German  Shepherd Dog. With out sound
temperament
it should not be called a  dog.

Vicki  writes:

I'm not worried about temperaments on my dogs, never had a reason too,
especially since I owner handle most of the time. I worry about the
spectators
outside the ring watching the temperament test being done either  wrong or
right by
a judge and then asking WHY is it done in OUR breed  only........ I know
other
breed people are worried about the  "character"  and "temperaments" of their
breed too. If the GS have to  have this test then other breeds should have to
do
it too, IS MY POINT. The  GS shouldn't have to be ALONE when new upcoming
judges are told about the  temperament test. Then we ask why some judges are
afraid
of our breed and I  have seen it.

I'm not worried either.  The CHs here are TC'd AND dual titled and  believe
me, to live here and eat <G> I expect a whole lot more than  passing a TE. For
the reasons Vicki states above (impressions) AND because  thinking walking up
to a dog and patting its head tells you a darn thing AND  because we see so
many wackadoodle impressions of a "correct" test (when in  reality IMO a judge
should be able to evaluate problems during the individual  exam),  AND because
now we find this goofy tape is out which may be behind  the wackadoodle
tests....groan....we've made such a mess of it we have specialty  judges taking
the
leash away from handlers when a dog doesn't acknowledge them,  we've got all
breed judges acting like a weird stranger, in both rings judges  want to thump
on dogs and see how far they can push and all the while to anyone  watching it
makes it look like GSDs HAVE a problem...I'm still saying  "forget about it".

I agree with Barbara and Tom.  A judge should be able to spot  a
questionable actor. JMHO

Kathy

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_