[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was 'whelping', now 'surgical implants'

  • From: Sarah Buyting <khylar_creek@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: shephken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, show list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 16:39:40 -0400 (EDT)

Well, I'm a repro tech in the itty bitty place of Fredericton, New Brunswick,
Canada.

We've been doing the frozen thing (implants, collections, shipping, etc..
etc..)  for a few years now.  Our success rate is currently at 85%, which is
awesome.  I think the usual average for frozen implants is around 70%.

But, all could be great and you may still not get puppies.  I tried frozen on
my own bitch - couldn't ask for better progesterone timing, we knew the exact
day her LH surge was and the exact time she ovulated, post thaw motility on the
semen was 85% and she still didn't get pregnant.

So, you have to remember that motility does not equal fertility.

Best of luck,
Sarah
khylar_creek@xxxxxxxx

http://mail.yahoo.com