[ SHOWGSD-L ] was stomping, cheering crowds, fond memories

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, BNBGSDS@xxxxxx, onaluzlead@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:30:03 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2005 11:37:44 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
IMO  there are few things more tacky and hurtful at the same time than going
to  a dog show and hearing a dog go around the ring and everyone going nuts
vs  the next dog that no one knows going around the ring (regardless  of
quality), and ZERO response from the crowd.

OMG, I'm  going to agree with Kathaleen <VBG>.

I remember a winter specialty oh...4-5 years back, indoors in NJ.   Walking
in, I met a lady w/ her daughter and their much loved young coated GSD  bitch.
They were telling me excitedly that they were entered in the  show, and we
chatted a while and I'm thinking obedience, maybe, what do I  know?  I'm
sitting
with a bunch of friends, won't say who the judge was  <G>, but imagine my
surprise when this lady walks in the breed ring w/ her  coated bitch complete
w/
red nylon buckle collar, ID and rabies tags.  The  judge was wonderful!  Well,
when they started off you could have heard a  PIN drop, so I poke my friends
on either side and they started clapping, hooting  and hollering (w/me)
without even looking up, barely interrupting their  conversation.  Then one
glanced
up to see what I was making all  the  fuss over and said "she's a coat!".
(Really????) I said "they love their dog,  keep clapping!"  (She did!) Our
respective handlers were in the ring and  they looked over at us with their
mouths
open, then to their credit, saw what  was going on and joined the applause.  I
hope to heck that lady and  her daughter stayed in dogs; they sure seemed like
good people:)

Kathy

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_