[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was small National entry? / two "types"

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:36:45 EDT

Wow!  Some things are worth reading twice, and the words pasted below are
well worth it.
Tom Langlitz

-----------------------------
In a message dated 4/15/2005 5:09:08 PM Central Daylight Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

To  me mediocrity whether all-breed or Specialty is a travesty to  the
breed...whether it be the specialty dog so extreme, it looks like a  swamp
rabbit...or the to all-breed dog that looks like King with his ass  end
higher than his whiter..it doesn't matter..both are wrong..you can say  it
is the folks..you can say it is interpretation...I say it is  a
justification..those who never show at specialties justify their  position
by saying "specialty dogs are cripples ". However..they fail to  see the
lack of proper shoulder, soft long backs...flat croups..long hocks  and that
their dogs lack movement that makes our breed unique...those who  show only
at Specialties justify their position by saying "Well these are  specialty
dogs..they are supposed to be extreme." this group fails to see  their dogs
are freaks of nature..walking on their hocks..dragging their  toes and that
their dogs  also lack movement unique for our breed and  probably are unable
to participate in even the most remedial obedience,  herding or agility
events. so to me Terry..it is not about  "interpretation"..there is no room
for this type of interpretation on  either side..to me both groups represent
stupidity about the essence of the  breed. Christine Grainger