[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was puppymill, % of purebreds, depressed!!!!!!

  • From: "Ellen Penington" <epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 20:16:38 -0700

Kathy,
You are SOOOOOO right.  Of the 25% that H$U$ identifies as purebreds being
released to shelters, most are pit bull mixes or chihuahuas mixes.  It is very
much a cultural thing that a targeted educational champaign would go far to
solving...but that would not serve the AR interests of no anmial use.  This is
in the West and Southwest...so don't know other parts of the country.

Ellen Penington
El Dorado GSDs
www.eldoradogsd.com