[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was puppymill, % of purebreds, depressed!!!!!!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx, candiasgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, Arcturus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, epeningt@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 05:02:37 -0800 (PST)

Ellen....If GSDs were not a serious problem in the shelters, then why do we
have an entire forum to display the ones that are in need? There are MANY other
forums out there, including Germanshepherds.com. If you need to see proof of
the potentially THOUSANDS of GSDs (YES...PUREBREDS)...that are in shelters
nationally...you need only to involve yourself in rescue. Many, many shelters
do not even HAVE a petfinder link. I get photos from volunteers who have found
our information via the internet...GSROC has pulled and rehomed 300 GSDs last
year...Diane Roberts I believe is in the 150 dog range for one year...NBGSR has
pulled more than 100 dogs this year...BYB bred dogs, maybe...but purebred GSDs
none the less...With these figures, how can you possibly make the statement
that there is no crisis for GSDs at this time? LHSH has financially assisted in
rehoming  over 260 purebred GSDS...some of these are from American show lines!
We know this to be a fact...it
 is not supposition.
I dont know about the "southwest"...and perhaps where YOU live, there is not a
preponderance of GSDs in need...that does not mean that there is not a national
crisis.
We are working frantically to extricate a horrendously emaciated GSD in SC at
this time..
She is definetly a purebred GSD. Left tied outside with no shelter, water or
food...left to die.
When you make uninformed statements attempting to deny the numbers of GSDs in
need, you can  be inadvertently causing the death of another GSD by turning
someone away from Rescue who may have previously considered it.
Anyone wishing to see GSDs in need, please visit our forum at
Lasthopesafehaven.com, Germanshepherds.com or Connies GSDWest forum.
Thank you.
The Members of LHSH
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven