[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was paypal update for LHSH/ now automatic

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: tiggrjw@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 08:49:25 EST

I think credit unions are more customer friendly that the big guys:)

I "may" have the automatic thing worked out w/ the bank, but geeze what a
project:)

While waiting for them to call back, I also checked into my AMEX (they
advertise of course you can pay bills using the card, but that's just
it....more
electric companies, other utilities, different credit cards....you can't set up
 your own payee.)  OTOH, just like the bank, you can set up an automatic
withdrawal, but that involves the party on the other side receiving your
account
info and actually doing the billing once a month.  For instance, my  EZ Pass,
Stamps.com, the pest control company, Yahoo etc. all tap my AMEX  monthly.  I
wanted easy, lol....

Sooooooo....I "think" I have it all worked out w/ Citizens bank.  Time  will
tell.

I really, really like the automatic idea.  I've been going to paypal  when
Dawn posts something about a specific case or when I need to buy a sympathy
card for a friend's dog who has passed, but it's hit-or- miss.

From the business side of things it would be so much better if enough folks
did something, however small, automatically so that there was a base of
donations they could count on each month.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 11/8/2008 12:19:55 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tiggrjw@xxxxxxxxx writes:

My  credit union will send a check, unless they get a response from the payee
 saying that there is an electronic account they can transfer the money  to.
For example, when I set up my insurance bill originally, they sent a  check,
but it became electronic after they contacted the insurance company and  got
the info.  They (the Credit Union) use a service for bill payment  that a LOT
of other institutions use (same behind the scenes company as  CheckFREE)… so,
they work to do it all electronically to save the  money.
jw