[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was (no subject) - AKC judging fees

  • From: Suzanne <tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:17:08 +0000 (UTC)

And to ADD to Lee's............ other organizations get SOMETHING for that
fee.  We get an online judges newsletter written by breed club columnists on
how to judge their breed and grief from AKC.  We are expected to search for
and pay for all our own education. [And G*D forbid its more than 2 years old -
after all we can only retain info a short period of time you know.....] AKC
offers only the Judge's Institute at a substancial cost.  All other education
comes from the individual breed clubs.  Other event judges, Herding for
example, are allowed to take money to train and trial other people's dogs but
I can't even hold a friend's dog at ringside for him/her in case the judge in
the ring is influenced when they see me with a dog......  Obedience and Rally
judges are rarely accused of 'misconduct' in the ring.  Have you read the
conformation judge's guidelines lately??  Breed judges are just assumed to be
crooked and AKC does everything but call us criminals.  No advertising, don't
tell people you are a judge, don't put it on a business card or in an ad, and
absolutely no soliciting.

I pay fees for stuff all the time but if you are going to charge me a fee, tell
me what I get for it!!!!!!!  Anda don't day for the "priveledge" of
judging........... try to do better than that.........

Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of BIS/MBISS Ch Yancy HT PT RE CD TC CGC BH, USISB CAC Int Ch Helios IPO3
AD HIC CGC CHIC, Ch Flair, AKC/Int Ch Jezzy, Gilli RN CHIC [mjr ptd], Anna TC,
and the Wreckin' Crew!!