[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was (no subject) - AKC judging fees

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, bedkar@xxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 19:37:16 -0700 (PDT)

             They are pricing themselves right out of quality judging.  It
may             be that they are purposely attempting to be rid of the judges
          who do not judge multiple groups as that is who will be
affected.  Many clubs now base their judge selection upon             who can
judge multiple groups and who can share a motel room.             I do not
jest.  One of our local clubs proudly attested to that             premise;
however, they are now struggling to survive and will             not have a
show this year. Exhibitors are disenchanted with             entering and
enduring expenses at shows whose results are             often  pre-determined.
If these judges' fees do go into effect,             you may rest assured that
this sport will revert to the the old             elite, moneyed monopoly
enjoyed in the late 1800s and
 AKC             will go down the Drain.
            Carolyn