[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was (no subject) - AKC judging fees

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, Lee Brown <lebrowngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 01:56:21 +0000

Whoa,  wait a minute.  There maybe judges that can command that kind of money

but NOT the majority, by any means.  I judge the Herding Group, 7 Working
Breeds and

3 Sporting Breeds.....on average, I judge around 10 weekends out of the year.
What money

I do get paid does not quite cover my expenses....and it has nothing to do with
the hundreds

of dollars I spend at Nationals, Seminars, visiting kennel, etc. to learn about
the breeds and

meet the criteria AKC demands (none of which AKC pays one red cent for).  BTW,
Provisional

judges average $3 to $4 per dog, depending on the club...and that's it.....and
it does not

cover the cost of judging at that show.  And, oh yes, if you judge Junior
Showmanship, that

gets thrown into the mix sometimes.....I have had entries of 20 to 94 at
various...and some clubs

don't charge for Juniors so you don't get paid for judging them...

NOPE...sorry to burst your balloon.  There are only a few judges that can
demand Top dollar and

get it. The rest of us do it because we love the dogs and the Sport.....trust
me, I belong to three

judges groups and assignments and fees get discussed all the time.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com