[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was (no subject) - AKC judging fees

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 11:55:10 EDT

Nahhhhhhhh....I think they'll just pass it on to the show giving
clubs...$50, $100...no big deal.

Seriously, have you tried booking performance judges lately????  Then
looked at what they charge???  Per dog PLUS expenses???  Some of these  folks
are making a nice little income...NOT that there's ANYTHING wrong w/ that,
but...think about it...licenses have fees.

Can anybody name a license they have that doesn't have a fee to
maintain/renew???

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

In a message dated 5/13/2010 11:45:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Its  already being discussed.  The consinsus is that they [the multi group
judges] will just pass the cost along to the clubs - ANOTHER AKC  fee.  The
problem is many judges with one or two breeds  [SPECAILTY JUDGES] will just
turn in their license.  Multi all  breed judges will become fewer and fewer
[already dying off like flies] and we  will be stuck with just a few judges
controlling whats winning in AKC  and WILL eventually influence what the
breeds look like - all generic  show dogs instead of individual
breeds............. JMO  We  [collective 'we'] don't want breed wardens but
when there are
only a few  judges thats EXACTLY what we'll have....... they won't tell you
who to  breed to - just influence what progeny win.........
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com
Home of BIS/MBISS Ch Yancy HT PT RE CD TC CGC  BH, USISB CAC Int Ch Helios
IPO3 AD HIC CGC CHIC, Ch Flair, AKC/Int Ch Jezzy,  Gilli RN CHIC [mjr ptd],
Anna TC, and the Wreckin' Crew!!