[ SHOWGSD-L ] was male, now marking

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:05:53 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/2007 4:51:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:
The most  obvious problem was dealing with the heat cycles.  When a bitch
came in  season even if she wasn't ready to be bred, he would start
marking.....everywhere she went...sat...he would mark.

EEEEAAASSSHHHHH!

My oldest boy did that exactly once, lol.  He had a girl in to be bred  and
he marked downstairs on concrete, inside of the walk out basement, outside  of
the pen where she was kept.

OK, this sounds horrible, but it's true.  I had him "down" in  it.  (He knew
enough from OB and herding that "down stay" meant exactly  that!)  He tried to
down everywhere BUT the spot he'd just marked.   Nope.  Wouldn't hear it.
And I left him there for quite a few  minutes.  Oh....was he disgusted.

So, I made more work for me, of course I needed to bathe him, BUT he's  NEVER
marked since, and since he's the head boy, none of the others would  dare.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds