[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was PRETTY OFF TOPIC...now where?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 08:14:02 EDT

Ed there's no "if" to this.  In the mid-Atlantic are it IS an urban
minority problem. (I guess it depends on the specific neighborhood if we are
talking about African American/Latino or both).  As you move to the
south/south-west it's also a white trash problem.

And it's a HUGE problem.

As far as being prosecuted "more" w/ "more" people in jail...geeze, coming
from CA where you're out of money to house the bad actors you already have,
it  shouldn't be too hard to figure dog-fighting is way down on the list of
offenses  to incarcerate someone for.

And it's not "just" the fighting, bad as that is; it's the danger to the
community as a whole.  How'd you like to go and have to serve a warrant in
Wilmington DE, Philly, Reading, Allentown, Newark, Camden, Trenton etc. and
hear a dog on the other side of the door?  Or be a firefighter in the same
neighborhood????  Or have a child that can't play outside or walk a few
blocks to school????  Our suburban shelters have to keep a close eye on  their
parking lots.  A common scam is for one or more of these low-lifes  (or
their girlfriend) to wait outside for an individual who is dropping a dog  off
and try to talk them into giving them the dog w/o going through the
shelter's processing, when all the while they want the dog for bait.

It's not just pits...hasn't been for a long time.  Drive through the  back
roads of Lancaster County and see all of the signs up for Cane  Corsos.
Notice the adds in any urban newspaper.

It's Huge Ed.  Don't doubt it.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 6/12/2009 7:52:06 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

---  On Fri, 6/12/09, Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Just because it
doesn't make the news is no reason to deny that it
goes on...and it is  more widespread than I care to
think about.

Never denied dog fighting goes on, I denied that its  an Urban African
American problem...criminals in general, and dog fighter  criminals in specific
are not the brightest folks in the world....if its  widespread there would
be far more folks in jail...unless of course for  some reason or another
Law-enforcement officials just wanted to catch Mr.  Vick,..that..... would not
surprise me one bit...Ed  Hill

POST  is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377049x1201454365/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=
JunestepsfooterNO62)