[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was Dog Whisperer now Koehler, digging?????

  • From: Karen M. Carloni <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:37:47 -0400

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 09:14:55 EDT, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
wrote:

>Well, since quite a few people have just asked, here is the  digging
>solution, as per Koehler's book. And he refers to the chronic digger,
>not just the dog that once or twice a year gets happy and digs a  hole.

<snipped digging cure description>

Yes this is for the chronic, repeat offending digger.
However, you failed to mention a pretty important point in
your post...

According to Bill Koehler, that section was placed at the
END of the book for a very good reason. When you read and
follow KMODT, you are meant to start at the BEGINNING of
the book and methodically work your way through to the end
-- NO SKIPPING AROUND ALLOWED!!! Koehler said that he put
the "cure" section at the end of the book because, if you
did what he asked and trained the dog, step by step
without skipping forward or around and worked your way
through the entire program as presented, that you would
never need the "Problem" section of the book at all. In
other words, the vast majority of "problem dog behavior"
will be cured automatically just by obedience training the
dog so that he is attentive to you, under control and
responsible for himself and his own behavior/actions.

As I've said before, a lot of Koehler trainers wish he had
never included that stuff in his book(s). If anyone ever
tried to use the "Problem" section just by itself to cure
whatever problem, that isn't dog training and it certainly
isn't KMODT. That's something akin to dog abuse!  :(

--
Karen C.
Email: kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090616-0, 06/16/2009
Tested on: 6/16/2009 2:37:48 PM