[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was Dallas entry, now keeping cool

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Scharo777@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 08:21:18 EDT

In a message dated 7/10/2009 7:06:57 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
Scharo777@xxxxxxx writes:
Then we drive home in  the air conditioned vans and the  house dogs race
back to their aid conditioned  houses or their  kennels with big fans or water
misters.

We plan for the extreme  heat her just like those who live in the North
must
protect against  extreme cold.

The word for dog shows down here is "hauling".....we all do  lots of that.

Just wanted to mention....for those of you with roofs  over your kennels we
have found something that is working great to  help keep everything cooler.
 We used to have misters over the roof,  but now use soaker hoses.  Turn
them on just a little and the cool  water on the roof brings the temp down
8-10 degree's underneath and  doesn't use near as much water.  The dogs will
stand where the water  runs off a little, then come back under the roof to
cool down with the big  fans on them.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark
**************Looking for love this summer? Find it now on AOL Personals.