[ SHOWGSD-L ] warning about rescue in Arizona.........

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 16:28:28 -0500

I just received this post and thought some on this list might want to have the
info.
   I have actually heard about this individual before...
Peggy

I know some of you are not active in rescue work but I think as many people
that are made aware of this woman, the better.  If someone you know is talking
about relinquishing a dog or even thinking of adoption, ask a few questions and
if it sounds like it involves this woman, warn them.

Subject: BEWARE KAREN MORROW JOHNSON new info that she is killing more dogs [1
Attachment]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:08:47 -0500

Anyone with AZ contacts..plz warn them about this woman. She has already been
taken to court here in Alabama over this and lost. SHe fled not paying her
fines and is now operating in Arizona near the Tucson areas. Documents of her
previous case and judgement attached.

I am sure most of you remember Karen Morrow Johnson from Lassie's Friends
Animal Sanctuary in Athens, AL.. She left Alabama and has now resurfaced in
Cochise, Arizona. Back to almost the same place she had CARIN Animal Rescue.
The information I was given, is that she is back to killing LOTS of dogs. I
have spoken and emailed with some people out there after posting on Craigslist
about her. Of course, she keeps flagging my posts. She has been posting on CL
for help at her "rescue". Since I have received information that she is having
lots of dogs put down again, I would appreciate any help in warning others by
cross posting. She is still using her email address of medctoo@xxxxxxx and her
old Alabama number 256-874-1162. I am not sure what rescue name she is using.
She is on 40 acres (I believe she is renting) and the information I have so far
is that she is off HWY 191 and Dragoon Rd in Cochise or Dragoon. I believe I
will be getting an exact address today.
In case some of you forgot all the specifics of her, there are links below that
explain it all again along with the proof of documentation and court documents.
She is claiming to be a victim of lies etc. (sound familiar?) again while
numerous dogs die at her hands. It should come as no surprise to anyone that
she is telling the vets that the dogs are "vicious". The only ones I know of
right now are just being taken to the vets offices.
If you know people or rescues in AZ please forward this email with the links or
cross post as far and wide as possible. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask them not to
give her dogs or money...
http://gracieland.org/RW/news6.html
http://groups.google.com/group/ar-news/msg/5955424e59e50ab8
Thank you for your help!!