[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: walking in the ring

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>, <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:08:13 -0500

I often tell people in my ring to start off at a walk and then pick up the
usual gait...but usually it's because the dogs aren't trained well enough to
burst right into the desired gait and are moving all over the place.  I've
tried to think of a time when I've ever had to tell this to an experienced
Shepherd handler, and can't think of a single time.  Actually, I don't think
I've ever said it to an experienced professional handler at all, in any
breed...but I've sure said it to a lot of fairly novice owners.
  Peggy

From: "carolyn mckenna" <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>