[ SHOWGSD-L ] wake up call for breeders

  • From: Denise Puglisi <kenpuglisi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 16:53:37 -0400

Kathy (bld email)   I am, was, and will always be "the little guy" out there
and I also have been there and cried my buckets of tears also.  I am sorry
for all of us that this type of thing happens to.
Right now I have a 13.5 year old, a 10 Y.O., a 9 Y.O., 6 or 7 Y.O. and a 5
Y.O. dwarf.
I used to feed raw, used all the supplements, (after my troubles started) &
spent a fortune at the vet.

My answer was not everybodies answer but I do not have any bloodlines that
anyone on here would want, they are not "good" for the show ring.  But they
do a nice job on the Schutzhund field  (when I make it there).  I am still
on this list to learn and there are a few whose posts/opinions I truely
value.  Pinehills Kathy and Barb Williams are just 2 of them!!

I really hope things turn around for you

Denise
Jefferson Hills Pa
www.tailgatemastertrucksteps.com

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:02:20 EDT
Subject: Re: A wake up call for ALL breeders, big and small

I'm so very sorry...you aren't doing anything wrong. Been there, done
that, cried too.  More than once.  More than twice...

Study, study, study pedigrees.  Call Barbara Williams.  Call  somebody that
doesn't have a dog in that particular fight.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

In a message dated 4/22/2011 3:04:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, bld4@xxxxx
 writes:

Well,  I'll tell you who suffers.  The "little" guys like me.  The guys
that like to win, but also consider their beloved shepherds part of the
family.  I read all the articles and do what the experts say.  I  feed a
good
quality food and still my dogs bloat and die from things that  others claim
they have no knowledge of.  Someone told me many breeders  are damn liars.
How
can I help but agree when my dogs from the same  bloodlines are not healthy
and yet no one admits the problems they have with  the very same
bloodlines.  Please tell me what I am doing wrong.   With tears in my eyes I
am hoping
someone can shed some light on what is  happening in my own backyard.
Please...
Kathy