[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: waiting for group

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 08:50:12 -0700 (PDT)

When my Liddy got a BOB in a local very small all breed, I hoped she would get
a second look.  Young, out of condition sort of, but as Peggy says, good side
gait.  That group judge did not bother with the GSD, and likely never does.
But I don't remember the name.  I was just thrilled to have my Liddy in group.
I had hoped it was the first of many.  But life does what it does.

  I will enjoy being at shows and running shows, and that will have to be
enough. sheila
Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I guess (and hope) that Dave F. was kidding...but I suspect Sheila
isn't. So, a couple of comments here...

Altho we all go to shows to win, that isn't why you should ALWAYS stay
for the group. Even more so, if your dog is a specialty style dog...you
stay for the group so people can see a good one.

Some .years ago, at a local all breed indoor show I gave the breed
to a bitch with a local handler who is still a familiar handler at
specialties. She stayed for the group...and although I didn't really
plan on using the bitch in the group, (it was a very strong group), I
did ask her to take the bitch around a second time. (Yes, this was an
indoor show...) I overheard someone near the entrance to the group
ring ask "why is she sending that German Shepherd around again?" and
then I heard the answer...in stereo, no less. one voice belonged to a
well-known sporting dog judge who did eventually judge Shepherds, too,
and the other voice belonged to Annie Clark....and they responded,
together as if it had been planned, "she is trying to show people what
beautiful Shepherd sidegait is."
The bitch was a teeny bit out of condition, and I think she did get
some specialty wins altho I'm not sure she ever finished...she was
really a bitch
meant to stay indoors...the big outdoor ring was a mite much for her
front, as I recall.......... but the point is, you never know who is
watching you in the group... and you should always stay.
Peggy

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.