[ SHOWGSD-L ] waiting for group

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 17:58:23 -0700

>    I guess (and hope) that Dave F. was kidding...but I suspect
> Sheila
> isn't.  So, a couple of comments here...

Today Ricky, Barbara Ross' dog beat us again, so they had to stay for
group again. And yes, when it comes to winning, any back handed remark
I make about loosing is in jest.... I go to win! I do not get upset
however when a good friend with a good dog wins. Bill & Barbara &
Jamie are some of the first friends we made in dogs and we  have a
great time together. Please ask Jamie about gambling at the Atlantis
and getting caught....

Anyway, we have not been to many all breed shows in the past several
years. That is not because we do not like the crowd, but because we
have not had a dog that excelled in that arena. Some years ago, our
CH. Quake was doing great in that ring. He did 12 (I think it was)
straight BOB's and placed a couple of times in group, but never won
the group. And, yes, we did stay for group. And, yes, at times it was
a pain when we were driving 6 to 10 hours to get home afterwards to go
to work on Monday. OK, well, once, in Bakersfield we did not stay -
because our handler did not stay and the judge doing group dumped our
boy the day before, and it was 8 hours home. That may have been the
only time.

So, yes, I believe in staying, but since I did miss one, I can't be
critical or those who don't.
Although being critical must be a lot of fun, so many people do it. I
will try to do better and learn how and study it really well, and
possibly I can give a seminar back to back with Dave Rinke's seminar.
Just think of the possibilities: Two Dave's in one day, one telling
you how to build a better dog and the other telling you how to tare
them apart! Maybe it won't work! <G>
Dave