[ SHOWGSD-L ] virtues vs faults

  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:11:09 -0400

>What I do have a problem with is a judge that ignores serious faults or
any faults for that matter because they >prefer a certain "type" of dog.
  A fault is a fault is a fault......because a dog is too big or too
small or Bi or Sable or >whatever, is only relevant if everything else
about the dogs being judged is equal.

I have a problem with any judge who focuses on faults instead of the
animal's virtues.  There is no perfect dog - they all have faults.  What
virtues does an animal have to off-set its faults?  That's how I
evaluate my own animals, and, if I ever get around to filling out the
AKC application materials, how I'll judge in the show ring.

Laurie