[ SHOWGSD-L ] vets

  • From: Diane Brantley <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 16:55:18 -0800 (PST)

Katie,

TX has a 3 year vaccine which must be administered by a vet.  In OK anyone can
give their dog a rabies vaccine, no vet needed.  I never said I was unhappy
about the rabies laws in TX.  We as breeders are concerned about over
vaccinating our dogs and would prefer to to titers to see if our animals
actually need a vaccine for anything.  With the dogs I have now, I will
probably only give kennel cough, because they are currently being shown and
rabies only becuase I don't want any problems if they bite someone or someone
claims they were bitten. And when they get old they won't get any shots at all.

Diane
BISS Ch. Echo-Cham's River Phoenix OFA H&E AKA "River"
Da-Jo's Crestview Ironman AKA "Tony"
Candia's Hard Rock Candy v Tejas AKA "Rocky"