[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: vets

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 06:14:51 -0800 (PST)

Well...I'm one of the morons that do give my own shots...(I can also feed
myself-go figure), and maybe I'm just too cynical, but after years and years of
dealing with bad vets...I have little tolerance for this "piling on" that I've
seen vets do in regard to pricing.  They remind me of unscrupulous auto
mechanics......and like a good auto mechanic...you treasure a really good one.

I currently use two vets......one that is close to home, doesn't charge for an
office visit on quick followups and when you get your bill you
say.....wow...that wasn't too bad.....and one further away...more expensive all
around......but a breeder vet.....with tons of knowledge and and high tech
equipment.   I go to a completely different clinic for hip and elbow xrays and
will use another for reproductive issues.

The biggest advice I give my puppy buyers....shop around....don't be afraid of
using more than one vet don't be guilted into anything without educating
yourself and avoid those fancy clinics with the bronze Rin Tin Tin dog in
the front entrance and the dog wellness center in the back.   That clinic
located in the otherwise long abandon strip mall can provide the same care at
half the cost and you won't be paying for all those extra and unnecessary perks.

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com