[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: vets

  • From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx>, <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:33:05 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

-------Original Message-------

From: Cinosam GSD

Well...I'm one of the morons that do give my own shots...(I can also feed
myself-go figure), and maybe I'm just too cynical, but after years and years
of dealing with bad vets...I have little tolerance for this "piling on" that
I've seen vets do in regard to pricing. They remind me of unscrupulous auto
mechanics......and like a good auto mechanic...you treasure a really good
one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I liked this email...  Its sounds much like our area.  My Vet that I trust
with my dogs has me driving an hour each way...  He works from a clinic he
has on his own property and is qualified for large animals as well (so he's
also a fertility Vet).  Another great thing...he's Dutch <g>... so he's as
cheap as my Russian husband, when it comes to understanding bill payment.
My Vet has to be one of the most qualified and respected Vets in the Fraser
Valley.  He never sits on the fence and he never adds a zero to anything.
He certainly hasn't bought into the high-tech system...  still sends out his
test samples with results the following day.  And, will always come to the
phone when I call...  And, you are never kept waiting for your appointment..
  You arrive and if it's a simple thing... you are finished 15 min. later,
packed up with meds, shots or whatever it is that is needed.   I prefer his
no-nonsense, no bed-side manner to any suger coated attitude and loaded up
bill that I have received from several newly shingled Vets closer to my home
...    Forget it..  I'll drive the distance because I trust him and he
trusts me.  He also tells pretty good dirty-old man jokes and makes me laugh
like crazy.... (guess we are old friends).

Kate

Rockannand