[ SHOWGSD-L ] update on medical question

  • From: aswarr06@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:25:05 EDT

Well last week my 21 month old girl was bleeding from her back end and I
took her in to the vet to discover she had a poll-up. The vet was quite
surprised, has never seen one in such a young dog. They removed the poll-up and
 sent
her home. Which she is doing very well. Well today we received the biopsy
back. and apparently it is pre-cancerous? Now what does that mean? It  doesn't
sound great and the doctor wants to see her again in 3 months to examine  her
and again 3 months after that. Does this mean she has cancer? does this  mean
it
has the potential to become cancer? I was unable to really get a chance  to
chat with the vet. And that I will rectify tomorrow. However its not  helping
me get much sleep tonight. If any body can offer some experience on this
matter I would greatly appreciate it. Is it genetic? should I not intend to
breed
her? is it a fluke and all poll-ups or such things are considered
pre-cancerous until proven to be cancer? is there vitamins I can give her to
help with
not getting any more? any help would be great. Thanks again...

Stephanie