[ SHOWGSD-L ] update on 3 month old K-9 Jack, now a TV Star

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:13:20 EDT

A short update on Jack, now known as Jack, the 'TV Star', in addition to
being the K-9 'star'.  Trooper Jeff left me a message at work today telling me
watch channel 3 tonight for footage on the K-9 demo starring 3 month old Jack.
 So we all rush home and are glued to the TV, anxiously waiting, and before
we know it, there is a solid black german shepherd doing jumps, and then
Trooper Jeff on TV introducing his K-9 dog "Devitt", and there is Devitt going
over
the jumps.  Then the station announces that the 'Blue Ribbon Award', however,
goes to a 3 month puppy, and there is Jack before our eyes attempting to jump
over a small jump.  He made a good effort (especially since he never saw a
jump until 2 days ago), and trooper Jeff introduces the puppy as "Jack" and
says
that maybe some day Jack will pass the training for K-9 (although we all know
this is not going to happen as he is coming home in 2 weeks)L  Jeff goes on to
say that the real training begins with socialization.....and there is Jack
sitting, surrounded by a crowd of kids, trying to lick them all at the same
time!  I am now asking myself "How will this puppy ever enjoy coming back home
his boring life at my house when this is all over, when he is the center of
attention at the Fair?"  You just watch.  Jack will come home with a head that
won't fit through his crate door, because he'll be thinking he's a TV Star.
(He'll probably want to branch out into the movies, next).    Anyhow, we taped
the news, and plan to get lots of photos.  But I don't think I can post photos
to the List, so I'll probably have to put them either on the Iroquois GSDC's
website, or my own, if I can get my webmaster (Todd Cosper) to do it quickly!
(Hey Todd, are you listening?)  You won't hear from me until after I see
Jack's performance for myself on Sunday.  Until then, thanks for listening!
And
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the "adventures of K-9 wannabe, Jack"!  You
cannot
believe how much fun this all is!  Cheryl Olson/Tindrock