[ SHOWGSD-L ] upcoming voting

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2014 11:32:39 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/10/2014 7:33:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Adorhergsd@xxxxxxx writes:

I really  thought we have very smart people on the board but after all
these I think we  voted for the wrong people.somebody wants something

Notwithstanding that  was part of the longest sentence I have seen, I  do
want to respond.

We have a great group of dedicated board members. They give up a lot to
serve us, and try the best they can to do what they perceive is the best thing
 for the club, the breed and the membership.

The board is made up of people. Some more dedicated than others, but
dedicated is the right word. They get nothing for the work they do, giving up
their time, getting blamed for everything, and all for no pay, and little
thanks.

It is true, that at times the board will recognize the wishes of the
minority. That is our system of government.  It is not always the majority  who
has the right idea. When we split from England, (America, not the GSDCA), it
was but a small minority who wanted religious and economic freedom.  You
might remember that, it was in all the papers at the time.

 It is often the minority who comes up with the ideas that promote
progress and change. Change for the better, and change to improve or correct a
problem.

Let's give the board member credit for what they do. They are doing the
best they can to serve us. We do the best we can to elect them. They have now
allowed us to voice our opinions. When the dust settles, the majority will
have  spoken, and those who disagree, the minority, will deal with it.  I
encourage the minority to speak up, that is how I learn, how I improve and
how I  determine the best way to move forward.

But, don't shoot the messenger, (our board),  and  instead recognize and
acknowledge your board and the constant hard work  they provide.

Evan Ginsburg
_ELG440@aol.com_ (mailto:ELG440@xxxxxxx)

http://showgsd.org/mail.html