[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: type -sidegait

  • From: John Ayotte <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:01:44 -0500

I said this a few days ago, but I guess it bears repeating. GSD gait
was developed for the tending style of herding. The dog goes all day
as a living fence, covering the maximum amount of ground (at a
moderate speed) while expending the least amount of effort. All of
those other herding breeds may have a perfectly fine gait for
fetching or even driving, but they cannot compete with a properly
structured GSD when it come to tending. Please note, however, that
GSD can and do compete in other herding venues quite well.

John Ayotte
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Frankenhaus German Shepherds
http://www.jmadesign.com/Frankenhaus