[ SHOWGSD-L ] tubal legation for neutering

  • From: "Threese Clark" <chcohosh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:11:46 -0400

OK - who of you have experience with tubal legation to neuter? I got a call
today asking me what to do about a 2 year old who had a litter 3 mo. ago who
was neutered a week ago and was still bleeding (take the dog back to the
vet!!!!!! Of course). But the rest of the story made me curious.

According to the caller (not anyone I know and not a dog from my kennel) the
vet stitched the bitch "inside and out". I have never had this procedure
done on any of my own nor am I aware of any of my puppy people having it
done. However being in the medical profession this does not make sense to
me. The procedure for a human is to tie or cauterize the end of the tube.
The "outside" would not be closed as the drainage of any old fluid or blood
from the procedure is important (I'll not mention other reasons not to
close). So please someone enlighten me.

Threese

Limited Edition Shepherds (VA)

www.limitededitionshepherds.com