[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: true history of the pitbull

  • From: <blackoakdogs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:46:40 -0500

So I went on EBAY to see the book you were talking about. It's not published by
UKC, it says COMPILED by Pete Sparks. So he admits to grabbing stuff and
republishing it. If the book was printed in 1955, he could have gotten a newer
version of the standard than 1936 if he was on the up and up. He simply
hijacked other people's stuff to make his book. I'm sure if UKC orchestrated
printing this book, they would have used a more current revision of the
standard. Also it doesn't say UKC fighting rules, it says UKC standard. I don't
see anything official on it that says PUBLISHED by UKC. That book has nothing
to do with UKC.

And as to you questioning my statement about fighting scars. I show at UKC
shows all the time and am president of a UKC allbreed club. There are no pits
with scars. These people know they are under a microscope. The top show pits in
the country have breed points in the hundreds and BIS wins over lots of AKC
dogs. No APBT would be allowed in the ring with anything suspected of being a
fighting scar. The other exhibitors would report it instantly to the show
comittee, or the judge would excuse the dog. If you saw the kennel ads that are
printed in UKC magazines, they are top notch, and generally the kennel names
are not all those stupid tough names.

The top pit right now has 683 breed points and is also a national grand
champion (equivalent to grand victor) do you seriously think this dog is
fought? I've personally seen this dog and it is quite a specimen of an APBT.

I saw an american bulldog (not a pit) once with scars that the owner couldn't
explain. The person was asked to leave the showgrounds at once and never come
back. I have never seen this person at a UKC show again.

UKC probably has stonger rules about dog attacks in or out of the ring, on dogs
or people than AKC does. Any attack that happens in the ring, the dog is DQ'd
permanently and its registration is canceled as if it never existed. I was at
an AKC all breed show where a huge male GSMD broke it's collar and attacked my
7month GSD puppy viciously with me screaming and trying to get the dog off,
right in front of the stewards tent. They saw the whole thing, came out to make
sure we were ok and didn't even ask the dog to leave. My gorgeous puppy was
ruined and I was a crying, shaking, nervous wreck. The other GSMD exhibitors
told me later that this dog attacks other dogs all the time at shows. Please....

Margaret
Corsair GSD & AE

suzanne says:

If UKC never believed in dog fighting I have a REAL simple question for
you...........explain why they had their own set of fighting rules?????????

There is a book on eBay right now called Pitbull Rules that published the UKC
standard and fighting rules.........

--
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com