[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: troubled litter

  • From: "Janice Buchanan" <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:00:43 -0600

Did you lose the six after the worming, or is this unrelated?  What did you
use to worm the puppies - could there have been a problem with the meds?
For preventing Giardia and Coccidia in puppies I use the little "turtles"
sold in pet stores for reptile tanks (small white turtle shaped blocks with
Albon).  I put them in a container of water in the fridge, then refill the
pups water dish from the container.  One "turtle" goes a long way.  I used
to put them in their water dish, but their mom liked to fish them out <g>.

Good luck with the vet - hope everyone recovers!

Janice

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     Six week old litter, started out with ten, down to 4, these 4 have
> seemed healthy for the past four weeks or so...then right after I wormed
> everyone Tuesday, one stopped eating, he also acts a bit lethargic....going
> to the vet when I get out of school.....any ideas...they have been eating
> RAW but only one is sick.....Ed

> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
>  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

Janice Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds, UT